- Harrods is planning to transform its basement wine store in to its first late-night restaurant. The Knightsbridge store is seeking planning permission to build a 225-cover bar, restaurant and lounge which will stay open until midnight on weekdays.
- AccorHotels is taking on Airbnb with the launch of a new budget hotel brand, Jo&Joe, targeted at Millennials. Rooms will start from £22 a night and guests will be able to participate in yoga and DIY classes when the first site launches in 2018.
- L'Enclume chef-owner Simon Rogan has been named Chef of the Year at the 2016 AA Hospitality Awards. Chef Pierre Koffman received the Lifetime Achievement Award, while Andy Murray's Cromlix Hotel in Dunblane was named Scottish Hotel of the Year.
- Michelin chef Michael O'Hare has teamed up with Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville to open a restaurant at Manchester's National Football Museum. The chef - who was named creative director at the footballer's GG Hospitality group in January - will launch his 'space-age' Asian restaurant The Rabbit in the Moon later this year.
- M Restaurants has launched a £1.5m crowdfunding campaign through Seedrs to aid its expansion. The group - which has two sites in London - is aiming to grow its smaller M Social brand in the capital.
For a full rundown of this week's news click here.