Now in its 24th year, the scheme is designed to support hoteliers that would otherwise lack the financial means to undertake some of the world’s top training courses.
A record number of applications were received for the this year's scholarship, which will see candidates take part in a two-week development course at either Cranfield University, Cornell University in the USA or the École Hôtelière de Lausanne in Switzerland.
Seventy per cent of this year’s intake are from independent hotels, in roles ranging from executive chefs to events directors.
Master Innholders chairman Stuart Bowery, who is also general manager of Grosvenor House, praised the ‘outstanding’ quality and breadth of the 2017 applicants.
“Each successful candidate has demonstrated clear next-level management potential and are keen to further support the development of other professionals once they have completed their scholarship,” he said.
“We would like to congratulate all 2017 scholars on their successful application for the scholarship and wish them every success and fulfilment with their learning.”
Course alumni go on to join the St. Julian Scholars, who are encouraged to mentor others in the industry.
The full list of Master Innholders 2017 Scholars is as follows:
Cornell University: General Managers Programme
- Adam Dyke, General Manager, Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
- Thierry Henrot, General Manager, Sheraton Skyline Hotel
- Warren Miller, General Manager,10 Manchester Street Hotel
- Alan Shaw, General Manager, Macdonald Hotel Manchester
- Tej Walia, General Manager, Dartington Hall
- Jannes Soerensen, General Manager, The Beaumont
Cornell University: Professional Development Programme
- Lottie Haylock, Accounts & Commercial Manager, Malhotra Leisure PLC
- Laura Prentice, Director of Events, The Dorchester
Cranfield University: Cranfield Talent Development Programme
- Mirko Cattini, Hotel Manager, Corinthia Hotel
- Matthew Hill, Executive Chef, Down Hall Hotel & Spa
- Ian Jones, Business Development Manager, Celtic Manor Resort
- Sunil Kanjanghat, General Manager, Montagu Arms Hotel
- Angela Kemp, Front of House Manager, Rockliffe Hall Hotel
- Craig Moffat, F&B and Events Manager, Gleneagles Hotel
- Ben Morcombe, Deputy General Manager, Grand Hotel & Spa
- Olga Sommer, Revenue Manager, Ham Yard Hotel
- David Young, Head Concierge, Brown's Hotel
École Hôtelière de Lausanne: Executive Education Programme
- Sabine Kern, Director Sales & Marketing, The London Edition
- Kristina Veselyte, Executive Housekeeper, Hilton London Bankside
- Chara Willis, Guest Relations Manager, Seaham Hall