These are just two of the most bizarre requests made by guests staying at Travelodge’s 523 UK hotels over the last year.
Other strange and impossible requests revealed by the budget hotel chain as part of its annual round-up, included moving bedrooms to the beach and the roof and arranging for one guest to be woken by the sound of bagpipes.
Staff also noted some of the more unusual questions asked of the 18 million customers staying at their hotels, which included ‘what time do the dinosaurs come out at the Jurassic Coast?’ and directions to Beatrix Potter character Peter Rabbit’s burrow.
Travelodge spokesperson Shakila Ahmed said: “Where possible, the hotels teams go above and beyond to help customers however, there are some requests that they cannot help with, such as, finding a unicorn to help one romantic with his wedding proposal and ensuring there is a blue sky on the day of an important strategy meeting for an executive."
A selection of bizarre questions directed to Travelodge staff over the last year:
- I would like to propose to my girlfriend can you arrange for a unicorn to carry the wedding proposal and engagement ring to my girlfriend? (Bath Central)
- Does your Bank Travelodge have a helipad as my boss is flying in late tonight and wants to come straight to the hotel? (Bank, London)
- What time do the dinosaurs come out at Jurassic Coast? (Taunton)
- Can you hold a brainstorm with my team whilst I take a conference call and present back the best ideas? (Cardiff Atlantic Wharf)
- Can you arrange for a full moon to be outside of my window tonight as I have a good night sleep when I can see the moon? (Windsor)
- Can you move my room to the beach as I love to hear the sound of the sea? (Blackpool South Shore)
- Can you move my room to the roof so I can sleep under the stars? (Glossop)
- Can you do my VAT returns? (Bristol Filton)
- Can you prop my bed with philosophy books like my bed at home so that I can feel at home? (Cambridge)
- Can you arrange for me to be woken up to the sound of bagpipes? (Glasgow Queen Street)
- Where can I find a good Liverpool tart? (Liverpool Central)
- What kind of cheddar cheese is the Cheddar Gorge made from? (Portishead)
- Can you be my personal shopper for the day? (Bicester)
- Where is the zebra crossing on the M25? (Thurrock M25)
- Will I be able to hear the bull from my room? (Birmingham Bullring)