- Tom Griffiths, the chef behind Brighton pop-up sensation Flank, is to launch his first permanent restaurant in the seaside city later this year.
- Chef Ollie Dabbous is to close his michelin-starred Fitzrovia restaurant Dabbous to focus on a major new project launching in late 2017/early 2018.
- The team behind 24-hour London restaurant Duck & Waffle are to open a fast casual offshoot off the brand, Duck & Waffle Local, at the St James's Market development this spring.
- JD Wetherspoon will become the first pub chain in the UK to show drinks calories on its menus from next month.
- Brexit secretary David Davis has sent a positive signal to the hospitality industry by admitting the UK is not about to 'shut the door' on EU workers following the referendum.
For a full rundown of this week's news click here.