- Jamie Oliver has closed his final Union Jacks restaurant in Covent Garden six years after launching the concept.
- Heston Blumenthal has won the 2017 Diners Club Lifetime Achievement Award, which will be presented at the World's 50 Best Restaurants in Australia on 5 April.
- A Syrian chef who came to the UK as a refugee is to open his first pop-up restaurant in London in a bid to rebuild his lost restaurant business.
- Stephanie Beresforde, assistant restaurant manager at Rick Stein's Seafood Restaurant in Cornwall, has won the 2017 Gold Service Scholarship award.
- Europe's first Nobu hotel is to open in London this spring, complete with the capital's third Nobu Japanese restaurant.
For a full rundown of this week's news click here.