- Marcus Wareing Restaurants has taken the unusual step of appointing husband and wife team Mark and Shauna Froydenlund as joint chef patrons at Marcus, at The Berkeley Hotel in Knightsbridge.
- Pub group Bel & The Dragon took home the gong for Best Premium Food Offer at the 2017 Publican Awards, while New World Trading Company scooped six awards.
- Posh kebabs are continuing their rise from a post-pub snack to a gourmet meal with a new German-inspired chain, Döner Haüs, set to launch in Sunderland this year.
- The hospitality industry's EU staff face an uncertain future after MPs passed the Brexit Bill without amendments guaranteeing the residency rights of EU citizens currently living and working in the UK.
- The Restaurant Group has put a further six of its former restaurants on the market after sales dropped 3.9% in the last financial year.
For a full rundown of this week's news click here.