- Two-year 'barista visas' are the latest idea to be considered to prevent the UK's restaurants and hotels becoming short-staffed after Brexit.
- From dumplings to Danish pastries, we round-up six global food trends that need to be on your radar.
- The Japan Centre is to launch a second London dining destination in September, 40 years after it first opened in the capital.
- The announcement of a snap general election has been hailed as an opportunity for the hospitality industry to challenge politicians over rising food and drink prices and the potential of a post-Brexit skills shortage.
- Chef Adam Simmonds, who won Michelin stars at both Ynyshir Hall and Danesfield House, is to launch a year-long chef's table-style restaurant in London ahead of opening his first solo project in the capital next year.
For a full rundown of this week's news click here.