- The owners of The Burlington Restaurant at The Devonshire Arms Hotel have invested £100,000 to allow chefs to switch to a four-day working week.
- Duck & Waffle's Dan Doherty is to launch his first solo London restaurant, Sprout, later this year.
- The World's 50 Best Restaurants is returning to Europe in 2018 to host its awards and events in the Basque region of Spain.
- The invasion of American burger brands continues, with US chain The Counter set to open its first UK restaurants in London and Glasgow this year.
- Former Roganic chef Ben Spalding is to launch a pop-up tapas restaurant in Shoreditch this month.
For a full rundown of this week's news click here.