- Italian chef Francesco Mazzei is heading to Battersea Power Station to launch his new restaurant Fiume. The opening will be his third launch with D&D London in two years.
- Former Petrus and Launceston Place chef Tristan Welch is returning to the UK to head up new Cambridge restaurant The Parker's Tavern.
- PizzaExpress is to open its first ever motorway service station restaurant on the M40 near Oxford later this year.
- Angel Zapata Martin, formerly of Barcelona's three-michelin-starred Can Fabes, has joined Barrafina as executive head chef following the departure of Nieves Barragan Mohacho in February.
- Three hundred waiting staff balanced their trays for the annual National Waiters' Day race in London's Hyde Park.
For a full rundown of this week's news click here.