- Clare Smyth - the first female chef in the UK to hold three Michelin stars - has confirmed that her first solo restaurant, Core, will open in Notting Hill in July.
- Chef Gary Usher has crowdfunded a record-breaking £208,000 to open his fourth restaurant, Wreckfish, in Liverpool. It is the largest amount ever raised through a Kickstarter campaign for a restaurant launch.
- Former Barrafina colleagues Nieves Barragan Mohacho and Jose Etura are to launch their first Spanish restaurant, Sabor, in London's Heddon Street in October. The venture has the backing of the Sethi family's JKS Restaurants, the group behind Michelin-starred Gymkhana.
- Ex-Sky Garden chef William Hemming is to head up the kitchen at Simpson's in the Strand when it reopens this summer. The historic site, which dates back to 1828, will relaunch with a new design and menu, but is keeping its carving trolleys after the 10-week development.
- Finally, Spurs has announced its latest signings - the Roux family. Albert, Michel Jr and Emily Roux are developing the menus at the football clubs £800m stadium, and will personally oversee service at 12 matches per season when it opens next year.
For a full rundown of this week's news click here.