The ten chefs aged under 30 have been chosen by the Italian international culinary education and training centre, ALMA, based on submissions of their signature dishes.
They will go on to compete in a live semi-final in October, with where one winner will be chosen represent the UK and Ireland.
Angela Hartnett will accompany the winner as a chef mentor to the global final in Milan in 2018.
A further 20 local competitions will be organised around the world where 200 semi-finalists will go head to head.
The UK’s Mark Moriaty won the competition with Clare Smyth as his mentor in 2015.
The 2018 UK & Ireland semi-finalists are as follows:
- Brandon Clemens – chef, Kaspar’s at The Savoy, London.
- David Scarpato – chef, Scarpatos Catering, South Wales
- Francesco Di Marzio – sous chef, The Greenhouse Restaurant, London
- James Cousins – sous chef, Restaurant Associates, London
- Killian Crowley – chef de partie, Aniar Restaurant, Galway, Ireland
- Lee-James Hickey, commis chef, Royal Air Force Club, London
- Matthew Ramsdale – sous chef, The Chester Grosvenor, Chester
- Michael Tweedie – chef, The Oak Room at Adare Manor, Adare, Ireland
- Michael Turner – sous chef, Bread Street Kitchen, London
- Romuald Bukaty – chef de partie, The Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport, Swords, Ireland