- The Sportsman in Kent has taken the top spot at the National Restaurant Awards' list of the 100 best restaurants in the UK for the second year running.
- Borough Market restaurant Arabica Bar & Kitchen has been left with a £50,000 bill after its insurance company refused to pay out after the 3 June terrorist attack closed the area for 10 days.
- Jason Atherton has revealed he will open his Japanese concept Sosharu in Shanghai next year, but said that Brexit has put the brakes on his plans further restaurants.
- MeatLiquor is to close its original London restaurant ahead of the site being demolished to make way for a luxury hotel.
- The hospitality industry, including Marcus Wareing Restaurants, Jamie Oliver and chef Adam Simmonds, have been collecting donations for survivors of the Grenfell Tower fire.
For a full rundown of this week's news click here.