- Frances Atkins - the first female chef in the UK to win a Michelin star - is embarking on a new project following the sale of her Michelin-starred restaurant The Yorke Arms.
- The ten finalists for this year's National Chef of the Year 2018 competition have been revealed following cook-offs in London and Sheffield this week.
- In the junior category seven of the eight finalists for Young National Chef of the Year have been announced, with the last space set to be filled by the winner of the Academy of Culinary Arts Awards of Excellence in July.
- Diners are growing tired of food fads such as freakshakes, avocado mousse and green juices and are more impressed by restaurants focusing on reducing food waste, according to new research.
- Finally, hospitality trade bodies have criticised the 'disappointing' Queen's Speech for failing to offer concrete business rates reform after many restaurants, pubs and hotels saw their bills rise in April.
For a full rundown of this week's news click here.