- The future of Handmade Burger Co appears to have been secured after the chain was bought out of administration by an unnamed buyer, saving 530 jobs at its 20 remaining restaurants.
- Chef Scott Hallsworth has sold his Kurobuta Japanese restaurant group and launched a new London pop-up Freak Scene.
- Mini burger pop-up Bite Me Burger Co has put plans for a permanent restaurant on hold in favour of launching six delivery-only London sites this year.
- New York's The Dead Rabbit, aka The World's Best Bar, is opening at Claridge's next month.
- The British Hospitality Association (BHA) has welcomed the government's decision to launch its first major report in to the impact of EU immigration on the UK, but called for the introduction of specialist visas for hospitality staff once freedom of movement ends in 2019.
For a full rundown of this week's news click here.