- Josh Eggleton has closed his Bristol restaurant Chicken Shed and replaced it with a new vegetable-centric project, Root.
- In other Bristol news, three alumni of the now-closed Michelin-starred Dabbous are to launch their first restaurant, Wellbourne, in the city this month.
- Wasabi has partnered with Marks and Spencer to bring its sushi and hot food to in-store counters.
- Michel Roux Sr and his son Alain Roux are to launch their first restaurant in a residential development next year.
- US vegan chain By Chloe is crossing the pond to open its first international site in Covent Garden this autumn. Expect vegan burgers, mac & cheese and ice cream to feature on the menu.
For a full rundown of this week's news click here.