- Tiny seven-cover restaurant Sushi Tetsu has knocked Restaurant Gordon Ramsay off the top spot of All In London's annual Ultimate Restaurant List.
- French restaurant L'Autre Pied, which lost its Michelin star in 2016, is to close its doors in Marylebone after 10 years in business. Founder David Moore is hoping to seek planning permission for a new project next door to its sister site Pied a Terre this year.
- The Food and Drink federation has warned that a rise in EU workers leaving the UK could result in a 'skills gap' rendering a third of food processing and manufacturing businesses unviable.
- Despite the growing trend for restaurants to serve food off slates or boards, a YouGov survey has found diners still overwhelming want to eat off...a plate. The research also revealed 52% are happy to eat out of a plant pot, 64% a wooden board and 9% a shoe.
- Stevie Parle is focusing his attention on fresh pasta for his sixth London restaurant. The chef has acquired half of the former Cha Cha Moon site in Soho for his new venture Pastaio.
For a full rundown of this week's news click here.