- The Ivy spreads: While the majority of the industry has taken its foot off the expansion pedal, The Ivy Collection is taking the opportunity to build its estate. And it’s not hanging around
- New research from national charity Action on Hearing Loss names and shames the noisiest restaurants. They found that overbearing sound levels are turning diners towards takeaways.
- A chat with Stephen Harris, the chef-patron of The Sportsman, who will release his first cookbook later this month. Called ‘The Sportsman’, the book contains 50 recipes and charts the north Kent pub’s transformation from run-down boozer to world-renowned establishment.
- One of France’s most high profile chefs has begged Michelin to not include his restaurant in its 2018 guide. Sebastian Bras had enough of the pressures that come with the guide’s maximum three-star rating, and wants to hand his own stars back.
- CHIK’N, the fast food fried chicken venture from the founders of Chick ‘n’ Sours, has confirmed its second site. They’re landing in Islington in the New Year.
For a full rundown of the month's news, click here