Carluccio's denies restructure is on the cards after "appointing advisors"

By Sophie Witts contact

- Last updated on GMT

Carluccio's denies restructure is on the cards after "appointing advisors"

Related tags: Pizza hut, Pizza, Restaurant, Antonio carluccio

Carluccio’s has denied it is planning a restructure of its restaurant business following reports it has become the latest casual dining chain to call in advisors.

The Sunday Times​ has reported that the 102-strong Italian group is working with KPMG to assess its options.

Industry sources told the paper that any action by the chain, which was acquired by Landmark for £90m in 2010,​ is not thought to be imminent.

It comes after Carluccio's high street rival Prezzo confirmed it has entered in to a Company Voluntary Agreement​ which could see 94 “underperforming” restaurants close. Jamie’s Italian is also to shut 12 sites as part of a restructure of the business.

But a spokesperson for Carluccio’s said there were "currently no plans to restructure".

Carluccio's former chief executive Neil Wickers stepped down in January after three years at the group.

He was replaced by Mark Jones, former chief executive of Goals Soccer Centres and previously Pizza Hut’s UK business.

The Italian chain, which was founded by chef Antonio Carluccio, has trialled several new formats over the past two years.

It launched a grab and go concept, Via Carluccio's, on London's Tottenham Court Road in 2016, but the site has since closed. ​The group also opened its first hotel restaurant,​ in the London Marriott Regent's Park, the same year.

The chain began serving pizza for the first time as part of a revamp of the brand in 2016​, and rolled out a wider vegan and vegetarian menu last year.

Related topics: Business

Related news

Show more

Spotlight

Follow us

Hospitality Guides

View more

Featured Suppliers

All suppliers