Friday Five: the week's top news

By Sophie Witts contact

- Last updated on GMT

Friday Five: the week's top news
We round-up some of the top hospitality stories you might have missed this week

- Jamie Oliver has revealed he had to inject almost £13m​ of his own savings in to his ailing restaurant business to stop it going under last autumn. The chef told the Financial Times​ Jamie's Italian had "simply run out of cash" and lamented the decline of its once "incredible" success story.

- Faucet Inn has put its Nordic-inspired restaurant group KuPP in to administration,​ with the closure of two sites. The group has shut locations in Southampton and Exeter, but has bought back its London and Oxford restaurants which it says continue to trade well.

- Dishoom is finally bringing its bacon naan to Manchester​ with the launch of its long-awaited debut restaurant in the city this winter. The site will open in Manchester Hall, a former Freemason's hall redeveloped as a events space with several planned restaurants and bars.

- Hakkasan has posted losses of £112m​ for the year ending 20 June 2017, with revenue falling 11% in the UK. This has been attributed to declining sales at HKK, which it shut in October following its poor performance.

- Cult Filipino fast food group Jollibee has taken on the former Wagamama site in London's Earl's Court for its debut UK restaurant,​ opening later this year. Jollibee, which last year eyed a £738m bid to buy Pret a Manger, chose the location for its high level of Filipino residents. 

For more of this week's news, click here.

Related topics: Trends & Reports

Related news

Spotlight

Follow us

Hospitality Guides

View more

Featured Suppliers

All suppliers