- Wahaca has been forced to clarify its policy on walk-outs after a viral tweet claimed a member of staff had been charged when a table dined-and-dashed at the group's Kentish Town site. We took a look at what restaurants can learn from the group's latest PR nightmare.
- Two alumni of Heston Blumenthal's The Fat Duck will open their long-awaited debut restaurant in the former Londrino site in London Bridge this autumn. Chef Jonny Lake and master sommelier Isa Bal are teaming up for the unnamed project, described as an "informal, high quality dining restaurant" with a 20-25-cover wine bar.
- Jamie Oliver will discuss the collapse of his UK restaurant group in an upcoming documentary on Channel 4. 20 Years of The Naked Chef: Jamie Bares All will cover "memorable moments" from his career, including his rise to fame and anti-obesity campaigns. The programme is yet to receive an airdate.
- Chef Anna Hansen is to leave The Modern Pantry, the London restaurant she founded 10 years ago, to "explore other opportunities". Current head chef Robert Mcleary will take over as executive chef following her departure.
- Core by Clare Smyth is a new entry in The World's 50 Best Restaurants 51-120 longlist, making its debut at 66. Three other London restaurants made the extended rankings; Dinner by Heston Blumenthal (83), The Ledbury (54) and St John (112). The new top 50 will be announced in Singapore on 25 June.
For more of this week's news, click here.