- The Box Tree restaurant in Ilkley has been put up for sale, less than 12 months after losing its Michelin star. Current owners Simon and Rena Gueller are moving on after 15 years and hope to find a new operator. The restaurant opened in 1963 and later acted as a training ground for a young Marco Pierre White.
- A coroner has called for better allergen labelling on restaurant menus following the death of 18-year-old Owen Carey, who suffered a fatal reaction in April 2017 after eating a Byron chicken burger coated in buttermilk. Byron has denied wrongdoing in the case.
- Five Guys is considering a further trial of a breakfast menu in its UK restaurants. The burger chain has been serving an early morning range in Bristol since May and says it is an "area of expansion and growth" going forwards.
- Simon Rogan's L'Enclume has taken the number one spot in The Good Food Guide's 2020 top 50 list. The Cumbria restaurant is one of only three restaurants in this year's list to score a perfect 10 rating, alongside Core by Clare Smyth in London and Restaurant Nathan Outlaw in Cornwall.
- London healthy eating chain Abokado is to close restaurants under a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA). The group says it saw a decline in sales and suffered a 'significant sophisticated online banking fraud' in July.
For more of this week's news, click here.