- The Lecture Room at Sketch in London's Mayfair has become the newest three-star restaurant in the Michelin Guide Great Britain and Ireland 2020. A total of 28 venues received new stars this year, to see the full list click here.
- The red book launch also brought some disappointments, with The Araki sushi restaurant in Mayfair losing all three of its stars following the departure of chef Mitsuhiro Araki in spring. There were a total of 16 star deletions from the guide this year.
- We also rounded up seven things you need to know about the Michelin Guide Great Britain and Ireland 2020 here.
- Raymond Blanc was a presenter at the awards event, where he made an impassioned speech on the need to continue improve working culture in the hospitality industry.
- In non-Michelin news, speculation has been growing around the future of PizzaExpress following reports it is preparing for talks with creditors over its c.£1bn debt. Concerns of the possible demise of the 54-year-old chain has led to an outpouring of nostalgia on social media.
For more of this week's news, click here.