- A Deliveroo advert suggesting customers could order food from different restaurants to arrive in the same delivery has become the third-most complained about TV advert of the year so far. The Advertising Standards Authority received 300 complaints and has banned the commercial, stating it is 'likely to mislead' consumers.
- Michelin has sold restaurant reservation platform Bookatable to the TripAdvisor Group as part of a 'strategic partnership' between the two companies. The deal will see the 14,000 restaurants listed on Bookatable join the 67,000 on TripAdvisor's booking service TheFork. All restaurants featured in the Michelin Guides worldwide will now be branded with their Star, Bib Gourmand or Plate ratings on the TripAdvisor website.
- US burger chain Five Guys will open its 100th UK restaurant on 9 December, in London's St Paul's. The site will serve a breakfast menu, which the group has been trialling in Bristol and will also introduce to its Birmingham New Street and Oxford Circus restaurants.
- Former Yalla Yalla chef Jad Youssef is to launch a Lebanese restaurant in Reigate, Surrey early next year. Lebani will source much of its produce from Surrey and Sussex farms, and will be casual but pitched at a slightly higher end than Yalla Yalla.
- Flat Iron, Wagamama, Caravan and Lina Stores were among the restaurant groups that took home prizes at Restaurant magazine's annual R200 Awards in London this week. Click here to see the full list of winners.
For more of this week's news, click here.