- Fred Sirieix has left his role as general manager at London's Galvin at Window's restaurant. The Frenchman, who has worked at the sky-high dining room since it opened in 2006, has yet to confirm his future plans.
- Mark Hix is to close his HIX Soho restaurant this month, marking the end of the chef's presence in London's West End. The site will close on 22 December after 10 years. Hix blamed the closure on 'rising rents and difficult market conditions'.
- Mexican chain Chilango is proposing to enter in to a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) in a bid to save the business. The restructuring plans could see closures across the group's 12 sites and leave its 'burrito bond' investors facing losses.
- The Breakfast Club has appointed Charlie McVeigh, founder of the Draft House pub chain, as chairman as it gears up for further expansion. The group says it is targeting new sites in London and beyond the capital.
- Fifteen Cornwall in Watergate Bay, one of the last remnants of Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant empire, has closed after almost 14 years of trading. The site used Oliver's name under license, but was run separately by a charitable trust.
For more of this week's news click here.