- The ASK Italian restaurant chain has been fined for 'misleading' customers about the contents of a lobster dish. The group admitted it had made an 'error' in the labelling of the menu item, which was actually made from a cheaper white fish mix only containing 35% lobster.
- Soho House is to open its eleventh UK site, on the Strand in London, this spring. 180 Strand will feature a rooftop restaurant and bar and house the flagship Soho Works space, the company's new workspace arm.
- Michael Caines has taken over Cornish beachfront restaurant The Cove at Maenport and will relaunch the site in March. The Lympstone Manor chef says the restaurant will serve brasserie-style a la carte dishes, as well as a tasting menu.
- An initiative which pairs temporarily vacant restaurant spaces with budding chefs and restaurateurs is launching in London this month. Residency is a partnership between restaurant experts Montana Fogg and property consultancy Distrkt, who trialled the concept with the 10 Heddon Street site in London's Mayfair.
- Finally, Restaurant magazine took a lot at some of the ingredients, technologies and dining trends you could be seeing more of in 2020.
For more of this week's news, click here.