- A multi-faceted restaurant inspired by the DC Comics universe will open in the former MASH steakhouse site in London's Soho later this year. The 'immersive' project will feature five restaurants and three bars based around various Batman characters.
- The Jamie Oliver Group is to open a new Dublin restaurant in partnership with Gerry Fitzpatrick, who oversees the chef's Irish franchise. Chequer Lane by Jamie Oliver will celebrate "the best of Irish produce" when it launches in April.
- Milan-based vegan chain Flower Burger has signed a master franchise agreement to bring the brand to the UK, with a view to opening more than 40 sites. It has partnered with Gerry's Group, which oversees the Wok to Walk franchise.
- Thunderbird Fried Chicken has closed its original bricks and mortar restaurant in Brixton after just one year of trading. It was the first standalone opening for the brand after it was backed by private equity firm TriSpan in 2019.
- High-end Italian restaurant Il Borro is to take over the Nobu Berkeley Street site later this year. The restaurant will serve produce sourced from the 700-acre Tuscan estate of the same name.
For more of this week's news, click here.