More openings for McDonald’s this week

By Finn Scott-Delany

- Last updated on GMT

More openings for McDonald’s this week

Related tags: Mcdonald's, Coronavirus

McDonald’s is launching a walk-in takeaway service across 250 of its restaurants this week.

The fast food chain will roll out a takeaway service in 50 of its already reopened restaurants on Wednesday (24 June).

Another 200 restaurants, which have yet to reopen, will open their doors for walk-in orders on the same day.

McDonald’s will confirm which branches will reopen via the company’s app and website.

The changes were revealed in a letter, written by McDonald’s UK CEO Paul Pomroy and sent to customers on Friday (19 June).

He said: “Today we have over 1,000 restaurants open for Drive Thru or McDelivery, and next Wednesday we will open the front doors in more than 200 additional restaurants for the first time, for take away.”

Walk-in orders are currently only available in 11 service station McDonald’s restaurants.

In a bid to ensure customers and McDonald’s workers are safe, floor markings showing two metre distances, perspex screens and hand sanitising stations will be in place in the takeaway stores.

Capacity is restricted and staff will control the flow of people in and out of the restaurants.

Pomroy says McDonald’s breakfast will also be making a return to 42 restaurants in the UK and Ireland on June 24.

Earlier this month, McDonald’s reopened all 924 drive-thrus across the UK and Ireland.

It also reopened 56 sites for delivery only via Uber Eats.

Related topics: Venues

Related news

Spotlight

Follow us

Hospitality Guides

View more

Featured Suppliers

All suppliers

Free Email Newsletter

Subscribe to BigHospitality

The trusted industry reference point

Get the latest news & analysis from the UK hospitality sector straight to your inbox!