The blanket provision, which came into force at the onset of the Coronavirus crisis back in March, means businesses will not need to go through a planning application process to provide takeaway.
It comes after England was plunged back into lockdown last Thursday (5 November), with hospitality venues ordered to shut for at least four weeks.
Under the restrictions, all pubs and restaurants must close, although takeaway and deliveries are permitted.
Businesses are able to sell takeaway alcoholic drinks as part of their offer during the lockdown, providing it has been ordered in advance by phone, online, or by post.
While the relaxed regulations on takeaways have only been extended until March 23 2022, the Communities Secretary said his department will look into whether this one-size-fits-all approach should become the norm.
Announcing the extension, Jenrick said: “We’ve taken decisive action since the beginning of the pandemic to support our pubs, restaurants, cafes and markets.
“Making it easier for them to provide takeaways has helped these businesses to adapt and helped sustain many through an unbelievably difficult year.”
“That’s why I am extending these simple but effective reforms to support these businesses, helping give them and their employees more certainty over the coming year.
“It will also be a boost for their customers who can now look forward to continuing to enjoy meals at home from their favourite restaurants.
“As these reforms have made such a difference I will be considering making them permanent.”
Responding to the news, UKHospitality chief executive Kate Nicholls said: “The ability to provide takeaway services was a valuable lifeline for many hospitality venues, not just during the lockdown but in the days of reduced and restricted trade, too.
“The extension will undoubtedly help many. For pubs, restaurants and cafes to operate as takeaways gives them a previously untapped revenue stream and a much better chance to survive what will be a tough winter.”