Last Friday’s awards ceremony at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel saw the cream of the industry recognised for their outstanding contributions to their respective professions.
University of West London Honorary, Heston Blumenthal OBE, who was awarded Doctor of Sciences, said: "I am greatly honoured to be recognised by the University of West London.
“Their London School of Hospitality and Tourism is an exceptional programme that imparts great skills and opportunities to their graduates. I look forward to continued involvement and support of their efforts in the future."
Celebrity chef Lorraine Pascale - an alumna of the University of West London - was a guest of honour at the awards, where she received a First Class Honours for Culinary Arts Management.
Corbin & King - proprietors of some of London’s finest restaurants including The Wolseley – were both awarded Master of Science along with one half of the Galvin Restaurants duo, Jeff Galvin, and Brown’s Hotel general manager Stuart Johnson.
Meanwhile, Fred Sirieix - general manager of Galvin at Windows – was awarded Master of Business Administration along with Claridge’s general manager Thomas Kochs and Lucknam Park Hotel & Spa chairman Harry Murray.
Speaking at Friday’s ceremony, Professor David Foskett MBE, Head of the London School of Hospitality and Tourism, said: “Today we are acknowledging the immense achievements of these honourees.
“Their support of the University and our students is invaluable. Prizes were also awarded to our best performing students as they develop into the industry leaders of tomorrow.”
The event also recognised the achievements of the best performing students at the prestigious School. Prize-winners included students from Airline and Airport Management, Hospitality Management, Business Travel and Tourism and Event Management.
London School of Hospitality and Tourism 2014 Honorary Awards:
- Heston Blumenthal OBE, chef and restaurateur - awarded Doctor of Sciences (DSc)
- Fred Sirieix, general manager, Galvin at Windows - awarded Master of Business Administration (Hon MBA)
- Christopher Corbin OBE, proprietor, Corbin & King Limited – awarded Master of Science (Hon MSc)
- Jeremy King OBE, proprietor, Corbin & King Limited – awarded Master of Science (Hon MSc)
- Jeff Galvin, owner, Galvin Restaurants – awarded Master of Sciences (Hon MSc)
- John King, King’s Fine Food and chef consultant - awarded Master of Sciences (Hon MSc)
- Jane Milton, food industry expert - awarded Master of Business Administration (Hon MBA)
- Thomas Kochs, general manager, Claridge’s London – awarded Master of Business Administration (Hon MBA)
- Stuart Johnson, general manager, Brown’s Hotel – awarded Master of Science (Hon MSc)
- Stephen Scuffell, head chef, Crown Moran Hotel Cricklewood; vice president, Craft Guild of Chefs (Chairman Vice Presidents Council) – awarded Master of Science (Hon MSc)
- Wendy Bartlett, FIH, managing director, Bartlett & Mitchell – awarded Master of Business Administration (Hon MBA)
- Harry Murray MBE, chairman, Lucknam Park Hotel & Spa – awarded Master of Business Administration (Hon MBA)