A LIST of the best hotels in the New Forest has been published by hotelintheforest.co.uk – the areas official accommodation partner of choice.
Compiled by the experiences of local expert Rich Bramwell, who founded the site in 2006, and reviews from web users, the top ten offer outstanding service, location, and accommodation.
The list is;
1. Rhinefield House Hotel -- a breathtakingly magnificent mansion set amid Canadian redwood and copper beech trees and approached along a sweeping drive lined with rhododendrons, Rhinefield House echoes the elegance and charm of a bygone age.
2. New Park Manor Hotel and Spa -- voted by the Daily Telegraph as a "first-class spa", New Park Manor was in fact first built in 1666 by King Charles II as his favourite hunting lodge. Today, it provides opulent accommodation in an idyllic setting.
3. Chewton Glen Hotel, Spa and Country Club -- critically acclaimed as one of the truly finest hotels in the whole of Britain and an exceptional place to stay. Set in 130 acres of its own landscaped gardens, the Chewton Glen offers unrivalled class, elegance and style.
4. The Lord Bute Hotel -- a small hotel that brings you the best of both worlds, on the edge of the New Forest and close to Highcliffe Castle on the coast itself. It has 5-star accommodation and a Double AA Rosette restaurant.
5. The Balmer Lawn -- here the emphasis is on comfort and warm, friendly service at a hotel set in the heart of the New Forest. Originally built in the mid-1800s, the hotel today aims for a blend of old fashioned values with modern sophistication, style and comfort.
6. Careys Manor and Senspa -- located in the village of Brockenhurst, in the heart of the New Forest, the hotel offers 4-star luxury amid countryside that is perfect for relaxing walks and romantic strolls in the forest. It was voted Hotel Spa of the Year, 2007, by the British Beauty Awards.
7. The Montagu Arms Hotel -- a New Forest holiday retreat of great character, the hotel is situated in the picturesque village of Beaulieu, close to the historic, seafaring hamlet of Bucklers Hard. This is a 3-star hotel, one of the AA`s top 200 in the whole of Britain and winner of Hampshire Restaurant of the Year, 2007 (Which? Magazine).
8. Master Builders House Hotel -- built in the 18th Century, the house has been masterfully restored to make the most of its spectacular views over the Beaulieu River and the maritime village of Bucklers Hard.
9. Le Poussin, Whitley Ridge Country House Hotel -- this small, 20-bedroomed new forest hotel is a former royal hunting lodge set in its own secluded gardens near the village of Brockenhurst in the heart of the New Forest.
10. Stanwell House Hotel -- explore the narrow streets and olde worlde charm of the Regency market town of Lymington from this tastefully appointed family-run 3-star hotel.