Kooki is a loyalty card app that is available on the Android and iPhones. The app aims to offer a more convenient solution to paper loyalty cards as it saves space in customers' wallets and prevents them from losing their cards or losing out on rewards from their favourite stores. After paying for their purchases, diners can scan a QR code (using Kooki) which is provided at the till, to collect stamps to earn rewards.
For restaurants, takeaways, cafes and desserts shops, the app allows for the easy creation and management of digital loyalty programmes - they can have one set up in 15 minutes. Kooki also provides the businesses with data and analytics that gives insights of the performance of their loyalty programme and a way of communicating with their customers.
Aside from requiring an Android phone or iPhone, users won't need anything else. Business owners/managers will need only a web browser to access their personal merchant dashboard.
Kartina Tjandra, co-founder of Kooki, said: "Our platform is structured so that every store that is using Kooki is immediately visible by users, which means they know exactly where they can use the app. There are also maps which will direct the users to the location of each stores.
"All the details within the loyalty card are customisable to individual businesses and any updates to the loyalty programme are pushed into the app within a minute or less.
"Users also have the ability to 'favourite' a card, allowing them to easily keep track of their progress and encourage them to go back to the stores to complete their card and redeem rewards. Kooki also works in offline mode - so there are no worries about lost stamps or not being able to use the app."
For a limited period only, Kooki is running a free six-month trial, after which it runs on a performance-based fee (e.g. £0.01 per stamp collected by customers). The idea is that if it doesn't perform, then the businesses won't have to pay too much, but if it works well then they gain the data and information on the performance of their loyalty programme and insights as to how they can improve it further.
Why you should buy it:
Tjandra summed this up with her own set of the following seven points: -
- Simple set up: "We just need basic details such as number of stamps, reward, business name, logo etc and we can get you setup in 15 minutes (depending on the number of locations)."
- Analytics: "From simple analytics such as total number of customers using the loyalty cards, total number of stamps they collected to more granular data such as the performance of each individual stores (valuable insights for chains)."
- Know your customers: "Metrics such as the per centage of customers who return everyday or every week as well as those who have not returned in months."
- Cost effective: "Very affordable to run even on high volumes, much cheaper solution than building your own app and no maintenance fee, save on printing costs too."
- Happy customers: "Reward your loyal customers and turn infrequent customers into regular, loyal ones."
- It's green: "You'll be doing some good for the world!"
- Communication: "Build relationships with your customers, let them know when you have specials or news and allow them to give you feedback on how to keep improving."
Kooki launched less than three months ago and is now live at 34 locations in London. The app is currently going through a redesign set to be completed in the next few weeks. For more information, contact Kartin at email@example.com.