- Fresh from the refurb of his eponymous restaurant at the InterContinental hotel, Theo Randall has announced he is opening a new casual dining restaurant later this month. Theo's Simple Italian will open at Hotel Indigo London Kensington with former Sartoria chef William Leoni at the helm.
- With two weeks to go until George Osborne steps up to the dispatch box to announce the next Budget, BigHospitality spoke to the major trade bodies to find out the five things the hospitality industry is calling on the Chancellor to include.
- Some good news in the wake of last year's devastating floods, with the Crowne Plaza Leeds re-opening following £1m worth of repairs to flood damage. Work has included replacing 43 doors and the hotel's entire IT, phone and heating systems.
- The Breakfast Club was among seven hospitality businesses which made it on to the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list. The rankings, based on a survey of staff at each company, also featured Hawksmoor (15), Revolution Bars Group (71), Oakman Inns (42), Wyboston Lakes (43), Red Carnation Hotels (3), and the Lancaster London hotel (72) alongside the breakfast experts (69).
- Stuart Gillies has been named the new CEO of the Gordon Ramsay Group as it gears up for its next stage of growth. The company - which runs 29 global restaurants and holds six Michelin stars - announced a series of senior appointments this week, hinting at its upcoming expansion.
For a full run-down of this week's news see here.