The awards, now in their fourth year, were announced at an event at the Museum of London last night (30 November).
Cheval Residences, which operates eight sites across London was the biggest winner of the night, picking up two awards - Guest Experience Award and Outstanding Individual Award for its director George Westwell.
Other winners included Skyline Serviced Apartments, winner of the Industry Breakthrough & Innovation Award and Fountain Court Apartments, the winner of the Serviced Apartment Investment in People award.
ASAP chief executive James Foice said the awards had grown to 10 categories this year to reflect the sector's growth.
He said: "It’s been fantastic to see the phenomenal response from the industry both in terms of the record number of entries received and the outstanding quality of the submissions.
"This is a direct reflection of the highly ambitious and dynamic sector we work in – it’s terrific to see so much innovation as this young sector continues to evolve as it rapidly becomes a mainstream part of the hospitality industry."
The awards were held in advance of the ASAP conference, being held in London today.
The ASAP Serviced Apartment Industry Awards 2016 winners:
- Serviced Apartment Marketing Award – SITU Serviced Apartments
- Serviced Apartment Investment in People Award – Fountain Court Apartments
- Serviced Apartment Rising Star of the Year Award – Gavin Pereira, Check-in-London
- Serviced Apartment Team of the Year Award – Staying Cool at the Rotunda
- Sky Industry Breakthrough and Innovation Award (ASAP Business Partners) – AirPortr
- Sky Industry Breakthrough & Innovation Award (ASAP Members) - Skyline Serviced Apartments
- Serviced Apartment Guest Experience Award - Cheval Residences Ltd
- Serviced Apartment Business of the Year Award (SME) – City Stay Apartments Milton Keynes
- Serviced Apartment Business of the Year Award (Corporate Winner) – SilverDoor
- Serviced Apartment Outstanding Individual Award – George Westwell, Cheval Residences Ltd