- Chef Romy Gill is to close her Romy's Kitchen restaurant in Thornbury, Gloucestershire after six years of trading. Gill is taking a break to focus on an upcoming book launch, but has received interest from investors and hopes to return to a restaurant kitchen in future.
- Byron is to use its original High Street Kensington restaurant as a test bed for a wider revamp of the business, including a trial of its first brunch menu. It will reopen in October/November with a new design, including more communal tables and soft seating. Successful elements will be rolled out across the business from January.
- Shipping container mall Boxpark plans to open 10 new sites over the next five years, including two new concepts. It is looking to expand across the UK with its BoxOffice co-working space and smaller BoxHall food and beverage-focused brands.
- Baked potato-focused chain Spudulike has entered administration with the loss of nearly 300 jobs. The group was founded in Edinburgh in 1974 and has now closed all its 37 sites.
- Rival table booking sites Quandoo and OpenTable have agreed a deal to integrate their restaurant inventory. Previously exclusive restaurant partners will be bookable across both platforms, at no extra charge.
For more of this week's news, click here.