- Mark Hix is reportedly in talks to close his HIX Soho restaurant, marking the end of his company's presence in London's West End. Mexican chain Tortilla Republic is understood to be eyeing the site.
- Patisserie Valerie has unveiled its vision for the future, including a revamped menu and new blue and gold branding. Causeway Capital Partners, which bought the bakery chain out of administration in February, is planning to start refurbishing sites before Christmas.
- Peruvian restaurant group Ceviche has filed a notice of intention to appoint administrators following an "incredibly tough" 18 months of trading. Founder Martin Morales is working with RSM to find a last-minute buyer for the London-based business.
- Karen Forrester is to step down as chief executive of TGI Friday's UK on 13 December after 12 years in the role. Total sales at the chain dropped from £216m to £208m in 2017-18, but like-for-like sales have reportedly picked up in the current financial year. She will be succeeded by Virgin Active boss Robert Cook.
- The owners of Michelin-starred Wilks in Bristol have put the restaurant up for sale after seven years of trading, with plans to move abroad. James Wilkins and Christine Vayssade have run the site since 2012 and it has held a star since 2013.
For more of this week's news click here.