Valrhona TV will feature a selection of programmes, broadcast online, which will act as an informational training guide for pastry chefs across the hospitality industry. The broadcasts will include:
- Between Us - Portraits of prominent companies working in the worlds of chocolate and pastry.
- Backstage - Monthly interviews with famous chefs such as Patrick Roger and Pierre Hermé who will share recipes and tips.
- Grand Chocolat Essentials - A monthly show where chefs from the Valrhona École du Grand Chocolat teach basic techniques.
- Valrho'News - Industry news including from events such as the World Pastry Cup.
- Aux Sources du Chocolat - Pastry chefs from the Valrhona École du Grand Chocolat explore regions of the world where chocolate is found and reveal tips and techniques relating to products from that region.
The TV channel is the first dedicated source of pastry and chocolate programming aimed at professionals only.
It is hoped the channel will also act as a hub for interaction and exchange of ideas among chefs.
The TV channel is accessed through a login to the Valrhonapro.com portal.
Valrhona TV is free.
Why should you use it?
Jean-Luc Grisot, Valrhona’s managing director, said: "For more than 20 years, Valrhona has supported and encouraged the talent of confectioners, pastry chefs, chocolate makers and restaurant owners from around the world and shared its expertise, passion and inspiration.
"The creation and launch of the greatest chocolate and pastry-making events requires the constant monitoring of the evolution of all interactive techniques which enhance international relationships between our teams and our customers."
Frédéric Bau, Valrhona’s executive chef, said Valrhona TV would help fellow pastry and chocolate professionals exchange information and ideas as well as monitor news, recipes and new discoveries and improvements.
"Valrhona TV will be the perpetual and immutable link between our customers and ourselves," he said. "An international and interactive link featuring interviews with women and men with exciting stories, testimonies and passion.
"Portraits of prominent companies, some more well-known than others, and there will always be interviews with extraordinary chefs because of what they are and what they do."