UK coffee shop Timberyard won the prize for Best Independent Coffee Shop in Europe, while another independent UK shop, Caravan, came in third in the same category.
British based Costa Coffee took the award for Best Coffee Chain in Europe for the fourth year running. Costa’s managing director Andy Marshall also scooped the Lifetime Achievement Award.
In the UK specific awards, Harris + Hoole won Best Coffee Chain for UK and Ireland, while Costa Coffee came in second place. Co-founder of Harris + Hoole Nick Tolley was recognised for his contribution to the industry.
The awards ceremony took place on 25 November at the InterContinental in Istanbul. The winners were chosen through a targeted voting campaign by Allegra, where over 1000 senior industry executives were able to have their say.
The UK award winners included:
- Best Coffee Chain - UK & IE winner:
Harris + Hoole
- Best Coffee Chain - UK & IE runner up:
- Best Coffee Chain - UK & IE 3rd place and highly commended
Pret A Manger
- Best Coffee Chain Europe
- Best Coffee Chain Europe 3rd Place and highly commended
- Best Independent Coffee Shop – Europe winner
- Best Independent Coffee Shop – Europe 3rd Place and Highly Commended