- Brewdog is moving forward with plans to open a craft beer-themed hotel in Aberdeen despite falling £6m short of its crowdfunding target. The Scottish brewer raised £19m to open the site, which will offer brewery tours and visits to its first Dogtap bar.
- Michelin chef Claude Bosi and his brother Cedric are to open a new pub in Esher, Surrey in May. The menu - overseen by Claude - is set to offer 'English food from a Frenchman'.
- Restaurant chains including Zizzi, EAT and Cafe Nero have come under fire for cutting staff perks following the introduction of the National Living Wage on 1 April. Employees have complained about free lunches and paid breaks being halted.
- Londoners are set to be transported to a galaxy far, far away when a new Star Wars restaurant opens in June. The Fork Awakens will be set in 'Darth Vader's kingdom' and serve up Hutt Dogs and Mini Banthaburgers.
- Restaurants have been urged to re-train their staff after a new report suggests many are still failing diners with allergies. A quarter of sufferers said they had experienced an allergic reaction while eating out since allergy laws were tightened in 2014.
For a full rundown of this week's news see here.