M & Bookatable Young Chef of the Year finalists named

By Michelle Perrett

- Last updated on GMT

M & Bookatable Young Chef of the Year finalists named

Related tags: Young chef, Chef

Bookatable by Michelin has announced the finalists of its Young Chef of the Year Awards 2017. 

The awards were launched earlier this year​ in partnership with M Restaurants with the aim of nurturing the next generation of young chefs.

The chosen 10 are all under 29 years old and work for top restaurants in London including The Dairy, Smiths of Smithfield, La Ferme, Les 110 de Taillevent and Michelin starred Five Fields.

The finalists were selected from a shortlist of 50 who were invited to M Victoria to cook their own signature dishes to a panel of judges including M executive chef Michael Reid and Bonham's head chef Tom Kemble, who both recently appeared on Great British Menu.

They will now be mentored by both Reid and M Restaurant founder Martin Williams to tweak their menu design ahead of the final round of the competition, the Bookatable M Young Chef Takeover which will take place at M Victoria St for 10 nights from 25 ​July to 5 August 2017. 

A judging panel including Daniel Ayton, president of Disciples of Escoffier, Richard Bainbridge, Sarah Durdin Robertson, as well as Williams will have 33% of the final vote. Paying diners at the restaurant will make the remaining 67% of the vote.

The chosen young chef will win a 10 night ‘pop up’ serving the winning menu at M Victoria St from 16 ​to 30 August. They also win a trip to Reims, France courtesy of Champagne Pommery and the title ‘M & Bookatable Young Chef of the Year 2017.’ 

The Top 10 UK Finalists


Finalist name



Jack Barwick

The Dairy


Kevin Hardy

Les 110 de Taillevent


Chris Davis

Compass Group


Kristian Ordona-Bates

Sofitel Heathrow


Perry Torrance

SMITHS of Smithfield


Taylor Batey

The Inn


Arran Seymour

Goose Fat & Wild Garlic


William Bowman-Smith

Woughton House


Guillaume Dunos

La Ferme


Valentin Perelle

Five Fields

Related topics: Business & Legislation, Chef, Restaurant

Related news


Follow us

Hospitality Guides

View more

Featured Suppliers

All suppliers