- Leicester restaurant Sanctua has closed following the death of its chef patron Bindu Patel. Patel worked in the kitchens of Michelin-starred London restaurants including Gymkhana, before launching Sanctua last April. She sadly passed away on 24 January.
- Baba G's, the street food trader which won an episode of the BBC's Million Pound Menu, has closed its first bricks and mortar restaurant after less than a year. The Indian-inspired burger concept shut its doors on 19 January.
- Indian restaurateur Asad Khan has teamed up with the former marketing director of Just Eat to launch an 'ethical alternative' to the major food delivery apps. Offie has no commissions, contracts or order limits, and restaurants pay a flat monthly fee.
- D&D London is to launch its first Birmingham restaurant at the top of the city's tallest office tower next year. The group will also run a cocktail bar and cafe on the ground floor.
- The Harwood Arms in London has been named the best gastropub in the country at the Estrella Damm Top 50 Gastropubs awards for the first time. It knocked The Sportsman in Kent off the number one position after four years.
For more of this week's news, click here.