Watch our exclusive video to hear from some of the best chefs in the world including:
- Massimo Bottura, whose restaurant Osteria Francescana was voted number 3 in the world
- Daniel Patterson, whose restaurant Coi was a new entry this year at number 49
- Ashley Palmer-Watts, head chef of Dinner by Heston, voted 5th this year
- Jonny Lake, head chef of the Fat Duck, voted number 47
- Richard Ekkebus of Amber, voted number 24
- Brett Graham, head chef at The Ledbury, which reached number 10
- Eric Ripert, co-owner of New York restaurant Le Benardin, which was number 21
- Andre Chiang, owner of Andrew in Singapore, voted number 37
- Luke Dale Roberts, owner of the Test Kitchen, which was One to Watch in 2013 and reached 48 this year to be voted Best in Africa
- Ben Shewry, head chef at Attica, which was number 32 and Best in Australasia
BigHospitality’s World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2014 coverage:
As always, BigHospitality reported live from the awards evening, and you can catch up on the full results and analysis using the links below:
- The list in full: check out the 1-50 and 51 – 100 lists here.
- Which countries performed best? Full analysis with an interactive map
- The world’s top 10 restaurants in pictures.
- Helena Rizzo, co-owner of Mani, was crowned the World’s Best Female Chef 2014.
- UK chef Fergus Henderson was given the Lifetime Achievement Award for 2014.