Launching today, the 2012/2013 Awards are open to all UK hotels and small accommodation operators including B&Bs and guest houses as well as pubs and restaurants with rooms. They recognise establishments for innovative initiatives to reduce their carbon footprints.
“We are delighted to have added two new categories this year which truly reflects our future direction,” said John Firrell, director of the Considerate Hoteliers Association.
“As in the previous years,we have made sensible adjustments to both the category criteria and rules of engagement. We are asking entrants to restrict their material to eight A4 pages. Those short-listed may then be asked to make a presentation to the judges.
“Each year, entrants show their innovation, dedication and passion via their ever increasing excellent standard of submissions. I am sure this year will be no different.”
The 2012/2013 Considerate Hotel of the Year award categories:
- The highest accolade – The Considerate Hotel of the Year, for the best all-round performance – with a special emphasis this year on reducing food waste, in conjunction with WRAP.
- The Considerate Sustainable Food Award, supported for 2012/13 by Sustain and Fairtrade.
- The Considerate Green Team of the Year
- The Considerate Green Champion of the Year
- The Considerate Small Accommodation Provider of the Year Award
- National Considerate Supplier of the Year
- Local Considerate Supplier of the Year
And for the first time there will be:
- The International Considerate Hotel of the Year to embrace CH’s new international outlook andwelcomehotels from all around the world to participate
- The Considerate Accessibility Award, as announced at last year’s Awards ceremony this category aims to encourage hotels to highlight and market the facilities available for wheelchair and other disabilities and providing a quality of life over and above that normally expected as standard.
- The Best Green Marketing Initiative Award 2012/13, which will be presented to the hotel/accommodation operator whose entry, for the above categories, includes the most outstanding green marketing initiative.
The closing date for entries will be midnight on Friday, 5 April 2013 and the Award Ceremony will take place on 30 May 2013 at Considerate Hotelier-member, Landmark London.
For full judging criteria and application forms visit www.consideratehoteliers.com.