Master Innholders set professional standards in hotel management and have to demonstrate strong support for improving standards within the industry before they can become part of the elite group.
The eight hoteliers who join 120 others currently holding the Master Innholders title are:
- Peter Banks, Managing Director, Rudding Park, Harrogate
- Anthony Cox, General Manager, Danesfield House, Marlow
- Marco Gervasoni, General Manager, Brooklands Hotel, Weybridge
- James Hiley-Jones, Operations Director, Greenclose Hotels
- Stephen Miles, General Manager, Radisson Blu Edwardian, Manchester
- Andrew Oxley, General Manager, Down Hall Hotel, Bishop’s Stortford
- Justin Pinchbeck, General Manager, The Berkeley, London
- Robin Sheppard, Chairman, Bespoke Hotels
To be considered for the Master Innholders title, candidates had to undergo a rigorous interview and submit a 1,500 word paper.
Jonathan Raggett, chairman of the Master Innholders and managing director of Red Carnation Hotels, said: "I am proud to welcome these new Master Innholders who join an association which has the sole objective of promoting the highest professional standards in hotel management.
"We were particularly pleased with the high quality of submissions received this year, as well as the breadth of the industry which they represented. This bodes well for the future success and influence of the Master Innholders.”